As one of the fastest growing stable economies in Europe, Yorkshire and Humber is the obvious choice for ambitious business investment.
There are obviously many excellent reasons for investing in the region but here are our top ten:
- Our GVA of over £80 billion, is large enough to rank us alongside the top 20% of the world’s national economies and represents 8% of total UK output.
- Regional GVA is forecast to grow by 10% up to 2010.
- An economy growing faster than the European average.
- Regional growth outstripped European averages five years running.
- Businesses in Yorkshire benefit from operating costs up to 20% lower than the UK average, a competitive property market and average salaries 7% below the national average.
- The country’s fastest growing creative and digital industry sector outside of London.
- A confident, resilient, manufacturing sector predicted to grow by 20% to £18.5bn in 2016.
- 1,900 foreign owned companies already based in the region.
- 4 major cities identified as being some of the best locations in the UK for business.
- Home to the UK’s largest and busiest ports complex.